Read First: A New Beginning

 

This blog has been on hiatus for a long time. There have been several reasons for it:

I have been very busy with my work and my family. This resulted in my interests shifting from time to time or simply in a lack of inspiration. It also meant that I had less time for writing, which takes a long time for me, especially since I’m not a native speaker. My writing has become more elaborate with each consecutive scene, and this increased the time I had to spend on it.

In addition, there has been an explosion of content for the setting in the past three years, starting with the expansive Reddit Q&A threads (which I have compiled in a single document), followed by the start of Mark’s Patreon, the releases of the Historiae Mundi, The Last Barrow and Black Heart, and additional information while commissioning artwork from Mark. In contrast to the years before, the Known World is more alive than ever!

However, the Known World lives in the mind of a single author, Mark Smylie, so every new release gives us a better understanding how he envisions the setting. Each new release also brought additional or more specific information about his world that made it necessary to revise my content if I wanted to stay true to his vision. Of course, I could have ignored these changes, but I had decided I wanted my solo campaign to remain as much in tune with canon as possible.

I am currently revising my old content to bring it up to date. I also changed the content from present tense to simple past, since it reads better in my opinion. Since formatting the posts on this blog directly has led to frustration again and again, I will upload the scenes in PDF files. However, I will include a short abstract of the scene with the link.

Comments and your engagement with my campaign make me happy. So, if you enjoy what you read here, please let me know! 😊

One last note: Before you jump into the solo campaign, I recommend reading about Sir Corwyn’s background. You can find it as a PDF file on the “Sir Corwyn” page.

—Caldorian

 


2 comments:

TermiteSquidSnowLeopard said...

I'm excited to see this is back!
How much have you been revising, would you say?

Caldorian said...

That makes me happy! :)

Hm, with regard to the actual play contents, I changed relatively little.

I mostly brought the scenes more in line with the ever evolving canon (based on Mark's answers in the Q&A and Patreon releases)... so, a lot of little name and description changes.

With regard to the language, I feel I changed a lot. I started to revise the text originally because I had realized my punctuation had been based more on my native language than on English. Also, I now use a writing tool (ProWritingAid, which is surprisingly good) to improve the text.

Post a Comment